Which diet works best?

My goal this year is to lose 50 pounds by next January, at a pound a week. I have tried Atkins in the past, lost a bunch but gained it back. Tried Weight Watchers, lost some and kept it off. I would like to try not so much a diet, but a lifestyle change. Here are the ones I am considering:

1. Weight Watchers again
2. You: On a Diet
3. Flat Belly Diet

I love eating low-carb but need something I can do long-term. Any thoughts?

sariejack

Asked by sariejack at 11:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I agree. You have to keep eating healthy and exercising. These "diets" may work, but like you said, you gain it back. You could also try The Abs Diet, where it's not actually a diet, but a book that shows you what to eat and how to work out. You can keep the weight off because you keep on following what to eat and not going back to the unhealthy lifestyle. Good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Eat healthy and exercise. It's the only thing that will KEEP the weight you loose off for good.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Best diet? Eat healthy and run. I always tell my kids the same thing who are now teens. If they are unhappy with themselves they should eat alot of salad and exercise.
    As a psych major one thing I would also add is looking into WHY you overeat. Alot of people overlook this and there are normally underlying issues to why we overeat. Dealing with those issues also goes a long way to helping in weight loss.

Answer by gemgem at 12:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep, just eat better foods and less of it. No cokes, no snickers bars. and Excercise.
    Oliviasmommy131

Answer by Oliviasmommy131 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• tHE SOUTH BEACH DIET
    evelyngayle

Answer by evelyngayle at 8:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The Abs Diet, which basically teaches you how to eat better and encorporate simple muscle building exercise. What it all boils down to is eating healthy, and a little exercise.
    wise1

Answer by wise1 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• well if your looking for a life change just eat more salads,fruits,veggies, and junk food in moderation and exercise regularly..you dont need all that expensive stuff you can do it on your own
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 4:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2009