Do/Can you work out on your period?

I know mine is about to start soon and I really don't want to stop for a week because I don't want to get lazy lol

sweetvietchic

Asked by sweetvietchic at 11:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hell yeah, your metabolism goes up during it (period) so if you stick to your workout and diet plan you should actually lose more that week, unless you are swimming in the ocean (it does increase your shark attack risks) you can work out on the rag with no problems.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yeah you can, y wouldn't u be able to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, get some exercise. It helps reduce cramps.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh, anon I was asking because I people were saying if you're on your rags and you lift or do something heavy, then it gushes out. lol sorry tmi
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:53 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It's good for you to, in my experience. If you're feeling crampy and/or fatigued, working out is a nice pick-me-up!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I HATE DOING IT BUT ILL PUT A TAMPON ON FOR IT LOL PSDS GET TO MESSY.
    Anonymous

• yeah you can, but i hate to! i only want to lay around when i'm on mine...
    huedoll26

Answer by huedoll26 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm with huedoll26. We CAN work out, but I'm usually a lump on the couch instead.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i have no problem working out when im on mine..if need be, just double up..use a tampon and a pad..that way you know your fully covered..lol..the only thing i hate doing when im on my period is goin to work..because i cant go to the bathroom whenever i need to..and it SUCKS!!! i work at a drug store, so its like, if i need to go to the bathroom i have to make sure theres more employees around, and no lineups..THEN..i can go...kinda hard to do that sometimes..so thats when i start acting sick so they send me home..lol
    Anonymous

• i dont work out. period!!!!lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009