How often does the Dr do a sonogram???

I am nine weeks right now and go back to the dr, how often does a dr usually do a sonogram?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In canada you get 1 at 18-22 weeks .
    There are none to confirm pregnancy or for any other reason unless you are high risk, or carrying multiples .
    It seems as though in the USA the norm is 2-3 , one to confirm pregnancy, one to check anatomy and one right before birth in some cases .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had one to confirm pregnancy at 6 weeks. I had a first trimester screening at 13 weeks. And I am having one on Wednesday for a second trimester screening and to determine the sex. I am 20 weeks now.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Us, one to confirm then maybe again between 18-21 weeks. no more unless you are high risk.
    Anonymous

• I had one to confirm and one at 18 weeks. I had another one at 23 weeks to confirm the sex and a few towards the end (Within the last week) because of nonmovement and to check the amniotic fluid.
    Anonymous

• im low risk and i had one every trimester so three
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I got 9... BUT that was because I had some bad back pain and they did a sonogram to see if he was OK, and then found that his head was 2 weeks ahead of development. So after 7 sonogram the doctor decided that my son just had a big head...
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• with my first I had one at 20 weeks... with my second we didn't hear a heartbeat, so we confirmed dates and I will have one today for spotting... but the fewer you can have the better off it is.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had 1 at 8 weeks to check on the baby and date the pregnancy. I had one at 20 weeks to check anatomy and abnormalities. You might get more if they believe there is a problem.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It all depends ...some do them a lot others not so much. My doctors office does 2 if it's a healthy pregnancy otherwise they would do more if they had to.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Usually two in a normal pregnancy--one to confirm the pregnancy and an anatomy check at around 20 weeks.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009