Millenialism (sp) & how to change churches without offending

I am thinking about leaving my church for complicated reasons. Recently I have been led to research Millenialism (sp?). Quick overview: 7-day week represents man's 6,000 reign on Earth, upon which Jesus will return to rule for 1,000 yrs with the 155,000 to establish HIS gov't. Those who survived trib will live in this perfect gov't. (I forget if rapture is taught, but I'm thinking it's not. Think being key word lol) After 1000 yrs all dead will awaken & live 100 yrs to basically get 2nd chance Minister made reference to this yesterday & was wishy-washy on the subject. con't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• con't from above
    I feel this is either something you believe or don't, but absolutely can not be neutral on. JMHO. He has also changed his stance on rapture in the past year, at first he did not believe but now he does? He is both a great minister & person, but I dislike this neutrality and flip-flopping. I think my actual ? is how do I leave this tiny closeknit church, but your views on the 1000 yr reign can be left as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think that people forget that their ministers, pastors etc are also always growing in faith and so with that there can be changes in what they teach and believe. I would probably ask to sit down and talk with him and ask why hes changed his views, if in fact he has, and any problems i might see. I wouldnt be all dramatic about it. I am sure other people have met with him before. If you dont get the answers you feel speak to you then just say you are going to be looking into other church homes. People leave churches all the time for the reasons you have listed. If you arent feeling like your spiritual self is being fed and enlightened then it is probably time go find a new place that speaks to you and your beliefs.

Answer by gemgem at 12:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was a pretrib rapture believer until a few months ago. I don't believe the melinnal kingdom will bring on a second chance, but the bible is clear satan will be bound a thousand years, and judgement does not come till after that thousand years. If you want some of the info I have found please message me.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think that the important thing is whether or not your pastor teaches sound doctrine as is clearly revealed in the Bible. The question that you have raised here is one that many learned, doctrinally sound preachers of the Gospel are not absolutely certain about. That being said, if you feel the need to leave your church, then just quietly leave and be prepared to explain why to anyone who may ask. Nobody may ask. If they don't, then I would assume no explanation is needed.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Oh, I wouldn't cause a scene or anything like that :) Seriously though, there is only like 12 people in the congregation, and five of them are his family. So it would be noticed if I quit attending lol!! Do you have websites I could check out, Colleen? I prefer to do my own research, no offense intended, but I'm sure you understand. I've been visiting Cogwriter (I believe that's the name). I realize even ministers evolve spiritually, but he. con't below
    Anonymous

• Well he was an excellent preacher when I took his words as blind faith, and didn't dig deeper, if that makes sense. I'm not saying he's wrong, because he is much more learned in this than I am, but I feel I can not properly "grow" under his instruction. Oh, and for the "nobody may ask" thing. LoL! The congregation is so kind, and caring, that if you even miss one day, they send you a card that everybody signs, that says we miss you :) Sweet, but yeah, they would notice my absence
    Anonymous

• Is the Pretribulation rapture biblical?

I encourage you to google the words rapture theory at some point.  You will find things for all stances.  Bring them into line with the Bible, and see which is most complete.  I have been researching for years.  Something about it never did sound right to me.  The link I gave you is totally backed up Biblically (I am big on that).  If you want anything else let me know.  A friend and I are currently presenting this to my husband recently.

ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009