anybody know anything about weight watchers?I'm thinking about trying it out.

I have gained about 100 lbs in about 7 years and i really want to get off as much of it as i can.i know that they use a point system but i just don't know anything else about it any tips and suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Go to the site. www.weightwatchers.com I think. There is also a group for ww on cafemom. I have been doing it about a year and I did reach my goal of loosing 30 lbs. I have gained a couple back but that's ok. I get to go for FREE now:):) Just message me if you have any additional questions. I LOVE ww and how easy it was to put into my everyday life. I started cooking A LOT in the slow cooker and hubby eats what I put on the table and so do the kids. well let me know if you have any questions. GOOD LUCK. -Amy

rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 7:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I dont know much about weight watchers but I lost 50 lbs and kept if off for 4 years. All I did was eat very small meals throughout the day. like very hour I would eat something little like a handful of nuts or split a little debbie with my 1 year old at the time. Then at meals I would eat slightly more. Just make sure you stay under 1200 calories and get off your butt a little everyday, even if your just doing house work it gets your body moving. Good Luck!!! If you like meat the atkins diet is GREAT too I did it for only a week and it really kick started my weight loss.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'm a nutritional cleansing advocate myself. I did do weight wachers , and hated it . It took so long to get the weight off , imagine 1/2 a pound every other week. I did follow the plan for 3 months, religiously. I felt cheated when I finally quit. I started doing research about cleansing and came across a great poduct that helped me tremendously to lose weight and FEEL good and energized. Contact me if you want me to explain this great system . My company also offers you 30 days money back , so if you are not satisfied with your weight loss you can get your money back . Weight watchers NEVER offered me that !
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 10:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Weight Watchers isn't for everyone, but they usually give you a week or so free to check it out. They evaluate your body, age, fitness level, etc. and give you your number of points to eat a day. They also teach nutritional information, as needed, and offer support in a variety of ways. Points are figured by an equation that factors in calories, fat, and fiber. You are essentially going for low calorie/fat, high fiber foods. It's effective if you can stick to it, but you do need to make sure you get enough protein since that is not a part of the equation. You should also combine WW with a regular fitness regime for optimal results for your health and weight. Good luck!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my mother tried weight watchers and was quiet succesfull. good luck
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 4:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2008