Best formula

I am @ 15 weeks pregnant with twins and I am interested in getting some feedback about formula brands and experiences. I've been told not to buy formula in advance (just tons of diapers) in case the babies have reactions to it. What brands does everyone recommend? And are there any that you've had bad experiences with?
Thanks!

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 12:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Personally the Parents choice brand . Same as the $$$ stuff , in a generic can , its made in the same factory and given a different label .

Of course I'd breastfeed before I ever gave my babies formula - but when you need to go back to work or supplement etc there isnothing wrong with using the generic kind .

I'm sure your doctors will make a recommendation for the kids once they arrive.
    Anonymous

• We really liked Good Start.
    And if you want to try breastfeeding, I strongly suggest you take the phone number of a breastfeeding consultant to the hospital with you. If you have any trouble, don't ask the nurses for help, call the consultant.

As for the diapers, don't open any of the packages until you bring the baby home. Some babies are too big for the "newborn" size. If yours is, you can take the unopened packs back.

Same with clothes. Only wash up a couple of newborn size outfits. If your little one is too big for them, you can take the unwashed ones that still have tags back and exchange them for a bigger size.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My Dr. recommended Enfamil with Lipil, so thats what we used.
    Anonymous

• We use Enfamil Lipil because that is what we get on WIC. You may want to consider applying for WIC if you are planning on formula feeding. If your child has a reaction to it, the doctor can prescribe another formula and the WIC office will help you get that particular kind as well.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I breastfed the first 10 months, but then used Parent's Choice. The doc said there was no difference from the more expensive name brands!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I get Parents Choice, half the price of regular brands!! I do the brand that is compared to Emfamil Lipil.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I use Enfamil Gentlease
    Anonymous

• I use similac advance with iron plus dha and ara...he seems to love it.Wic pays for mine...except at the end of the month I have to buy like 3 cans.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My doc recommended enfacare when dd was tiny to help with low birth weight and slow weight gain. After that we stuck with the enfamil so as not to switch brands/irrate tummy. Dd spit up a lot with the enfacare but did great with the enfamil lipil. She was only on the enfacare long enough to gain weight. We got so many samples from the doc, that we didnt' have to buy formula for about 3 months. If you sign up at their website, they will send samples and coupons, too.
    Anonymous

• We used Enfamil with Lipil at first...that's what WIC provided.

My oldest ended up being put on soy after a month.

My youngest was on gentlease for a while...he was early and had a little problem feeding at first.

If you get only one can...powdered that is...it's going to last quite some time at first...so don't buy a whole lot.

I wouldn't stock up too much on diapers...or don't open and keep the receipts! Babies grow fast, and I've known some who were sensitive to certain brands...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009