Baby registry items

Has anyone registered yet, and if so how many weeks did you do so? I'm 15 weeks now with twins and have started looking at some bigger items (strollers, cribs, etc). Any recommendations on car seats?

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 12:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know that in single strollers a lot of brands make the travel systems, but I am not sure if you can find that in a double stroller. I think we did our registry at about 20 weeks after we knew what gender the baby was. We used Graco, with every car seat for both kids and have never had any problems.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Twins, huh? I would check out www.Thefind.com and search double strollers. As for car seats, I used the stroller/carseat combo, which I'm not sure would work for you. So I guess I'm not sure about that! When I shopped, I always looked at the reviews and what other moms thought of things. I got things that had really good ratings.
    I don't remember when I registered, but I distinctly remember feeling greedy b/c I was so excited to do so! It's so fun- like shopping without buying anything, kinda!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 12:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I loved my Graco car seat! I'm pretty sure that Graco makes double stoller travel systems. Graco is great they are just as good as the expensive brands and a lot easier to figure out! I found the expensive brands would just be too complicated! Oh by the way I had the Graco Safeseat and I bought the Quattro Tour stroller.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would just get a regular double stroller and 2 convertible car seats. I got the travel system and never use the stroller bc it is huge! And I didn't know that you could use the convertible for infants. I thought you had to have an actual infant car seat with the base.

fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 12:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I did mine early cause I had one baby shower pretty early in the pregnancy. I did it before I even knew the sex of my baby, and I'm glad I did, because the last thing I want is a bunch of pink clothes. Some advice: don't register for clothes or baby blankets, people will get you tons. I didn't go wtih a travel system cause my sister told me it's huge and clunky. I just registered for the Graco Safeseat and a Peg Perego stroller. I went into the store to play with all the strollers and chose the one I could open and close the easiest.
    Anonymous

• So far the very best car seat we have found is the Recardo.
    http://www.baxtersbabyboutique.com/content-product_info/product_id-1221/recaro_como_car_seat.html
    its like 4 seats in one, so its worth the money.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• and these truly are the best strollers....
    http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller.php?product_id=6
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 12:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009