Vaginal birth after c-section? Have you had one?

I had my son by c-section because he was turned funny. Do you think it would be safe to have a vaginal delivery next time? Are there more benefits than a repeat? I'm interested in it and want to know more. My regular doctor who does my pap smears said that if I want to attempt a vaginal delivery, he would let me if my next pregnancy goes well(not happening in a while, just to clear it up).

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my first c-section and my second vaginal. I liked vaginal better. You get over it much quicker.

Answer by louise2 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ask your questions and do your research .
    I didn't do a VBAC , the risks to me were too great . But there are risks either way , you and your doctor should make the decision jointly.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You are your own best advocate. Do your research and be informed.

Here are some websites that might help you.

ICAN

Best evidence

reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I did my reasearch and I found that my risks in a c-section were far greater than a vaginal birth. I have had a VBAC after 2 c-sections. It went wonderfully!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with pauline3283. my first two were c-sections. I didn't want the second, but the dr kept saying she was about 10 pounds. ( she was seven). I delivered my second daughter by v-bac. and the twins vaginally. No problems. A c-section does have more risk associated with it then a vaginal delivery. It is major surgery. And I just didn't want another damn c-section.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009