Anyone else has had an ectopic, just need some advice to get through this =(

I just had surgery on Jan. 3 for an ectopic pregnacy and I was just wondering if there is anyone else who has went through this and how to get back to normal......I have 2 other small kids and it's just really hard to except what happened????

Shanhesche

Asked by Shanhesche at 12:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its hard. I had one after having 3 kids and then had an ectopic. Its very hard to accept. What finally helped me was understanding the baby was never really a baby because it was unable to develop into a baby because it was in the wrong area. The way it was explained to me was basically the baby was already dead because it was so badly damaged it would never have developed into a baby and would have killed me in the process. I figure all things happen for a reason and left the rest in Gods hands. They told us to wait six mths before trying again and I got pregnant 7 months later.

Answer by gemgem at 12:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, I had an ectopic pregnancy in 1992. I did not know I was pregnant until I felt something pop in my lower abdomen and I felt hot burning and pain. I started to feel nauseated, throw up, light headed, couldn't stand up straight. I called my mom and she came and got me to take me to the ER. I had emergency surgery and had to have 3 liters of blood transfused. I almost died.

That was in late March of that year and by May I was pregnant again and all went well.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had a an ectopic pregnancy and it was hard to deal with. I went ahead and took antidepressants to help me. Since then I have had two more children. I'm sorry for what you are going through. you will get through it. Good luck to you!
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 1:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I havent had an ectopic pregnancy, but have had a stillborn baby girl almost 3 years ago, I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I haven't had either of these tragedies, but I wanted to express my sadness for both of your losses.

Answer by Bmat at 1:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have had several miscarragies but no etopic pregnancies. you can private message me if you think I might still be able to help you with anything. Also, click on my picture to see my page and maybe join one of the miscarriage and pregnancy loss groups I am part of. There are several women there who have had etopics and they might be able to help you. Not sure if everyone checks this section or not. i am so sorry for your loss!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009