Can anyone help with ideas for fundraiser?

I am the mom of a new marching band member first year in HS. My dh and I are going through fee shock! The fees do not even include the cost of their band trip to San Antonio for the Fiesta Bowl. I am looking for some great ideas for fund raising from some of you Fundraising Mamas! Any ideas??

Alamama

Asked by Alamama at 10:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• car wash, bake sale, donation yard sale.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 10:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/index.html

I know I just googled it but the only ideas I could come up with quick was a bake sale or car wash. There is always car wash fundraisers though and they are kinda over done. Maybe a rummage sale or something.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 10:29 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My son's school always sells Otis Spunkmeyer (sp.?) cookie dough. It always goes over really well!
    Philyra

Answer by Philyra at 10:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Find someone who is a consultant with a direct sales company. They can pick a few of their popular products and print up some flyers which you can give out and they then donate their commission or part of it for your fundraiser. The benefit to them is that they get volume and new customers. I have been planning on doing this with my Arbonne business because I know quite a few consultants who have done it and it always turns out well for everyone.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Call your local McDonald's fanchise owners and set up a pancake dinner fundraiser. They do all the work you just bring the people, and who doesn't love pancakes for dinner once in a while?!!

Another idea: Do you have any band moms that sell pampered Chef? They have a fundraiser format.

When school starts organize a "check it out" class for the kids in the two grades before band starts in your district. Charge 5-10 per kid to come and see all the diff instruments and even try them out, and talk to the kids who play them. Just a couple hours over two diff weekends. Good Luck!!!
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 11:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My company (Usborne Books) is a member of the DSA. We also have fundraising options. The main thing is to find out what parents are willing to purchase. A school contacted me because their parents were tired of purchasing pizza and cookie kits for every event. lol!
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 11:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I belong to shop to earn, we are implimenting a fund raising program that will allow orginizations to earn money while people shop from thier mall. We have over 600 stores to shop from. Check out my blog at: http://shoptoearndiscounts.blogspot.com/
    picklefish

Answer by picklefish at 12:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Avon does fundraisers that give you products you can use for a long time!
    aprilford2003

Answer by aprilford2003 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I have personally raised funds with cookbooks. It was fun for me because i love recipes and I was able to gather all of my friends and families recipes into one book for my reference. It is a treasure to have now that many of my family members are gone. I used the Fundcraft company. You can find them on line.

Profitquests is another site for ideas.

aromalightcandles is a site for candle fundraisers .

good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• we did what we call a turkey raffle, It is where you get stores to donate stuff like turkeys and meat, have a place where people by raffle tickets for like 5o cents each and draw how ever number comes up wins than you do the sam thing with the next iteam. We made a lot of money that way. Peopl can bring what they want to to drink soda or beer depends where you have it and can be fun
    3562tonia

Answer by 3562tonia at 7:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2008