• In the Spotlight:

How do you find an Obituary from 10years ago?

My childhood BFF passed away in 1996. Ive always wanted to go to her grave but I dont know where it is! I have no way of contacting her family. A few yrs ago I called the Funeral Home they used, they gave me a Cemetery name, but didnt know where it was! (Ive since lost the name as well).

Is there any way of finding her resting place?! For over 10yrs Ive wanted to visit, but cant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Go to your library and ask the Reference Librarian, or if you have a Local History section- ask them. They can help you get started. Make sure you have all possible info you have acquired, like name, town where she died, age, where she was from etc. They also may be able to look up geneologies or census records.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Could you check the microfiche at the library for the place where she was from?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• try looking up her first and last name + state on any search engine. Year also helps. Good luck
    Anonymous

• news paper archives
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 9, 2009