signs of weanig

My son is 9 months old . Sometime when he nurses he pulls on and off the breast? what does this mean.. just want to know signs that other moms baby did when they wanted wanted to wean

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 10:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's uncommon for a child to self-wean before around age 2, though not impossible. The more likely culprit is either a change in him or a change in your breastmilk. Some things that change the breastmilk can be your diet (eating any onions and garlic? Any other diet changes?), pregnancy, and I've heard that even things like stress can slightly change the taste of BM (though don't quote me on that last one, not 100% sure about it). Otherwise he could be teething or hitting a growth spurt (some kids drink MORE during growth, some seem to pull away), or he could have some reflux acting up. I would check him for teeth coming in first, then my next step would be to see the doctor to rule out things like reflux.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My DD is 8 1/2 mos and I am still BF and she keeps pulling off too. She is just too interested in what is going on around her then eating.
    Anonymous