Do you use pre-packaged foods?

Such as instant potatoes , sidekicks , hamburger helper, microwave dinners etc ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. I am becoming increasingly aware of the contents of processed foods and the negative affects on our health. Since I'm a SAHM I can find or make the time to cook. Pretty much the only processed foods in our home are : mayo, peanut butter, sausage, bullion, ketchup and a few small others. Never anything like Instant potatoes or Hamburger Helper.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes, I do. I stay busy with nursing school and my DH has his own business. We have one son at home (the other is in the Air Force) and I find that it's cost effective and less time consuming for me.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep all the time.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I occasionally use boxed mashed potatoes , my kids prefer them to regular ones . I don't mind them once in a while .
    We've tried the scalloped ones but don't like them , no where near as good as the real thing .
    We never use microwave dinners , they always seem so gross to us.
    I do prefer to cook my food from scratch from the most part simply because its healthier , but once in a while convenience gets the best of me .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yup
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have used boxed potatoes in a pinch but I don't like to, I would rather make them from scratch, I have bought the micrwave dinners a couple of times when we are really busy and it gets to late to cook but I don't really like them. I can't stand hamburger helper, my husband likes it and bought a box of it but I refuse to cook it so it's sat in the cupboard for the past 6 months and it will sit there until he cooks it or it gets thrown out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah. If I had time and the skill to do everything from scratch, though, I would.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Instand potatoes no. Hamburger helper and microwaveable dishes YEP. I'm a microwave queen lol
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Only when its late or we are super poor....I have potatoes and milk (dry) sitting in my pantry in the event that we get into a bind and need to use them (that has only happened once so far thank god) and my SO likes hamburger helper so he used to make it a lot, but I told him I don't want to buy it anymore because of how fattening it is, so we have one box left waiting to be used up, then never again :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It all depends ....I absolutely LOVE making everything from scratch but that doesn't mean I don't have boxed food in my pantry for lazy days!!
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009