What does the Bible say about Children and Sin

No matter what you belive on the subject or what you have been told by someone lets look to the source and see what it says.

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 10:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont know exacly where it is but it say that we were concieved with sin somewhere in david pslams. It says that are babys are concieved with sin in the mothers womb. THis is in pslams I can find it latter
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 10:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've read before that all children will go to be with Him. It isn't until they are old enough to think for themselves and make their own decisions that they will live with the consequences of their choices.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Pslams 51:5 Behold i was shapen in ininiquity and in sin my mother concieved me

So christianity teaches that man was concieved with sin carried down from adams sin. BUT at the same time it also says that no man can carry the sin of the father so i guess that is some of the confusion Contraditons In islam we believe in the bible just that it isnt in the original form anymore
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 10:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Matthew 19:14 NIV Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
  • Mark 10:14 NIV When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
  • Matthew 11:25 NIV [At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Matthew 18:3 NIV And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• unless one is born of water and the spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of god JOHN Chapter 3: verse 5
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 10:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Not sure if this is what you are asking but here is what I have researched. What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of thrue Christians as "holy." 1 Cor. 7:14. It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones. Num. 16:27,32; Ezek. 9:6. god does not want anyone to be destroyed so he is having a warning sounded now to benefit both parents and children. Would it not be wise for parents to pursue a course that would result in their children being looked on with favor by God both now and at Armageddon?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• 1.Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.2.Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.3.For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.4.Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.5.Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• The above verse is David crying out to God because HE felt so bad about the sin HE had commited and was speaking about Himself.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• John 3 vs 5 Jesus is speaking of being Born anew not of flesh but into Him. You are taking this verse out of context and not looking at what is in front of it and following it
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 11:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Romans 7:23–8:2
    Galatians 4:8-9
    Ephesians 2:3 (by nature children of wrath)
    Psalm 51:5
    1Cr 2:14

Man does not 'naturally' seek to do things pleasing to God, but instead to satisfy his own lustful desires. Therefore as a nonbeliever, our 'nature' is to be 'sinful'. We all have a sinful nature. We are all inclined to sin.

To me anyone who has kids has certainly seen how selfish they can be, it comes natural to them. That does not mean they are sinning, b/c they do not yet understand (depending on their age, imo they begin to know right from wrong around 2-3 yrs old but comprehend their accountability to God for it around 5-8 yrs old)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.