We're thinking of moving somewhere in FL, Austin TX, or Charleston SC...anyone w/ recommendations or advice?

What do you think of the area. Schools? Crime? I am also a Personal Fitness Trainer and wonder how my business will do in these areas

Asked by nkleintank at 2:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Travel

• I have heard really great things about Austin. I have some friends who just moved there.

Answer by Beks at 12:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Austin is a great city. You don't have to worry about bugs or most allergens. Also, there are a lot of historical and educational opportunities for children and adults.

Answer by KaroGreenly at 3:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• depends on where in florida ya go......too much crime everywhere in fl, but the fitness business would do good,

Answer by vbruno at 5:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Austin is a wonderful place to live. Your fitness business would probably do very well. It's a young population who is focused on health and wellness. Lots to do for families and if you pick the right place (as with most cities) the schools are great! Keep in mind that Austin's motto is "Keep Austin Weird"! You'll run into the most amazing (and sometimes CRAZY) people!

Can you plan a trip to the places you are considering and check them out personally? We did this recently and spent some time with a local realtor..HUGE help! Good luck!

Answer by WildHouseOfBoys at 10:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008