He's a sex addict......WTF?!?!?!?!

OK, so my boyfriend left some papers sitting out on the table and when I went to clean them off I found a Psych Evaluation from 2001 that stated that he had OCD with an addiction to sex. He has never exhibited any of these behaviors to me but it scares me. I want to confront him about it but don't want him to be mad that I looked at them.
He is the sweetest guy I've ever met and if I tell him I don't want to have sex, he accepts it and doesn't persue it. He is great with my daughter and is the most compassionate man I've ever met. What would you do if you were in my situation???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do anything about it. How long have you been with him? If he is not showing signs of this behavior, then maybe he got treatment.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i would make sure he gets tested for eveything before i had sex with him and i would talk to him about because if he was addicted to sex then there is no telling how many people he slept with or what he did and it could be a big factor in your sexual helath
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• leave it be...i am sure if he took the steps to seek help then he got help.....
    Anonymous

• how accurate are those test really? i would not confront so much as in inquire about it. it may be nothing or maybe it was. it's not like you snooped it was there and you stumbled unto it. i take test all the time that don't seem right or accurate at all. it could be he answered just one to many questions that labeled him as that but the answer could be based on what you had in front of you. i often come to a question that both sound like me and i have to pick one but truthfully either one i chose would of been me, so if you choice one it marks or labels you as this or if you picked the other then it marked you as something else. sounds like you don't feel he is like this at all and the test is unreliable or inconsistent.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Honestly is the best policy. I would just tell him that while you were cleaning you happen to notice and thought that maybe you guys should talk about it, just remember it maybe very hard for him to talk about this whole thing so be compassionate when talking to him.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would not do anything about it. When he feels like sharing this with you he will.
    TessMomof7

Answer by TessMomof7 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Maybe that was his way of telling you he couldn't tell you verbally so he left it out in the open for you to see. Just ask him nicely.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Forget about it. According to my husband, every college age guy is a sex addict!
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 2001 was a long time ago i would just leave it alone until you find a reason to be concerned!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If it really bothers you, you should let him (casually) know you came across these papers and really listen to his answer (both verbal and non verbal response). If you think he's hiding something (I mean beyond maybe embarrassment that this was found out) keep close eye on him. If his answer (and behavior) is satisfactory for you then drop it completely (don't even think of bringing this up as "ammo")
    Kmama3x

Answer by Kmama3x at 3:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009