faulse positive...

i went into the doctors because i didnt have my period for 4 months and i took 3 pregnancy tests and they ALL came back positive... when i went to the doctor they said i wasnt pregnant... they also determined it wasnt from stress or nutrition loss or anything like that... has this ever happened to you?

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 2:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe you had a m/c. I got my positive at 5 weeks once and then lost the baby at 7 weeks and my hcg had already dropped so low that it was negative on the dr pee test. They had to take blood to confirm that I was at some point. (came back at 47, dropped to 7 two days after that). Same thing may be happening to you. Most store bought tests are way more sensitive then the dr ones. Store is usually only 10-25 hcg to be positive, some dr and ER take 50-100 to show positive. Most likely it was a chemical pregnancy or a blighted ovum and just did not grow or implant correctly. An actual false positive where you were never pregnant is very unheard of. Unless you are on a kind of birth control or IVF treatment that puts hcg in your system. Then it could be possible that the test is showing positive from that. I'd get a second oppinion.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• noooo
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009