does anyone know about the restriction about government credit cards?

my husband travels "alot" he's a contractor for the government and works on ships. The government issued him a credit card....he told me he can use it for rental car usage, food (they limit the amount), and hotel. He has to buy toothpaste,razors, shaving cream and shampoo when he lands and other items he can not take on the plane.
But what I'm CONFUSED about is when he comes home he tilts his wallet away from me & I see his wallet which he has alot of cash in it after his traveling. I asked him about it and he says it's left over. But when it comes to billing time for the government credit card "WE" have to pay it off when the statement comes in the mail.
Just wondering if someone can tell me "MORE" about the government issued credit card

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 2:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• It all depends, my husband is air force and when he is gone the lodging and meals go on the card. The travel cost also go on the card. When he gets back he does his travel voucher and they pay him, he pays off the card. There is money left over sometimes, for example you get 45 per day to eat and you spend 20 on food that day you 25 left over.

Does that help, he is supposed to pay card off though when he gets the money from the voucher. They usually get that money pretty fast.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• DH is also a military contractor, and his works the same way as spunkymomof3's DH.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Why is he so secretive with how it all works and what he has in his wallet? I think that you need to sit him down and tell him that he needs to explain this stuff for you so that you aren't wondering "why" all the time. I would want to know why he had a bunch of money in his wallet too. It's probably leftover from his "per diem" but still, he's tipping his wallet away so that you can't see.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Sounds like he is taking out cash advances and then you are getting stuck with the bill.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009