Has anyone had a newborn age less than 2 months with a cold?

hannahgc23

Asked by hannahgc23 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep , 2 of my kids did around 6 weeks of age .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No mine is 4 1/2 months old, and has a cold and a ear infection, it sucks I hate seeing my lil guy sick and nothing I can do for him to help him be all better, get some baby vicks, and if your babyes nose is all stuffed up get some little noses saline spray and put a drop in each nostril then suck it all back out with a nose suctioner (I dont even know the real name for that thing but hey it works great lol)
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep, my daughter had a cold right after she was born and at 12 days old she was diagnosed with RSV and put in the hospital. It stunk! It was May!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yes my baby girl was sick with a cold. There is no medicine you can give them, but I used the nasal aspirator (the bulb sucky thing) to keep her nose clear and that helped. Also propping up one side of her bassinet so that she would sleep inclined a little bit seemed to help her. It made it hard for her to eat so I had to be patient with smaller more frequent feedings. The cold lasted about a week.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter was 1 month old... and had RSV we were in the NICU for almost 2 weeks... It was horrible :*(
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep. My newborn caught one from her big sister and went to the pediatrician on her first day home from the hospital--poor thing!
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yep at about 6 weeks dd got a little congested and a dry cough so i sat her in the steam of the shower and inclined her bassinet so the mucus woudln't bother her and it worked really well. No medicine needed
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• our son was about a month old when he got his first cold. the doctor said that there was nothign you could really do and it would just pass on its own. if it does continue for more than 5 days i would callt he dr so the baby can be looked at just to make sure that it has not spread to something more serious but aside from that, it will pass!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 9:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2009