Am I Really Pregnant or what??

I am 6months 1 week and 6 days pregnant so the doc says, this is my first pregnancy and I really don't know what to expect. I am aware that every pregnancy is not the same. I am curious because most people that I know that have already been pregnant and in my situation says that I should be a bit bigger.... I am the same size I've gain a few pounds of course but I don't look pregnant. I don't have morning sickness I don't have swollen ankles, I don't have most symptoms that most pregnant women have or talk about. The only way to tell if I'm pregnant is that my baby moves a lot he is very active and I get a kick every now and then.. Plus I don't have a period any more.... Well for now at least.. SO AM I LOSING IT OR WHAT??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• healthy weight gain duriong pregnancy is 25-35 pounds... that being said if you are overweight whatsoever to begin with you probably won't look pregnant... my girlfriend who wasn't really overweight but a little on the heavy side got her period for the first 5 months of her pregnancy and didn't know she was pregnant until she went to the doctor for heart burn meds she only gained 10 pounds her entire pregnancy
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 2:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Well you answered ur own question every pregnancy is diff. Since this is your first baby of course ur not going to be as big as most women at this stage. Be patient and probly by your 8th month you'll be alot bigger. And as for you not having the throwing up or pains and what not your lucky cause you get to enjoy the pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• You're fine. I never really had any symptoms and even at 31 wks. I barely feel anything at all (other than the baby moving and back ahces). Some women just have really easy pregnancies, a lot of it is how your body reacts to hormones. I personally, was on bc for years and never had any negative side effects or problems. I think my body can just withstand hormonal changes pretty easily.
    Anonymous

• You are only 6 mo...wait a few weeks and that belly will be bigger! About the weight...I know that pregnant women should gain about 25 lbs...but not everyone. My doctor told me to eat balance meals...I had horrible sickness with my second one and lost 60 pounds, he was the same weight as my other ones. Eat healthy and balance your diet. Ask your doctor, mine never went into it a lot...You do not want ot have swollen ankles, maybe you will notice some towards the very end, maybe not...It is great that you are having an awesome pregnancy....Enjoy it!
    mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 3:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Regardless of what any medical practioner says, there is no true average weight gain for a woman. I gained 35 with my first and 50 with my second. Both very healthy pregnancies. I am also 6'1" and lean so when I got pregnant I did not 'look' pregnant to others until my last trimester where as my girlfriend was 'blowing up' by the start of her 2nd tri. We are all different. Enjoy the lack of 'side effects' and good luck!
    toweringbeauty

Answer by toweringbeauty at 3:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009