standing a 3 month old up on his feet?

Will this cause my baby to be bowlegged? (lol I probably didn't even spell that right!) He loves when I balance him up on his feet (he actually cries for me to do it!) but some lady told me it can make him bowlegged!

MandyAshley

Asked by MandyAshley at 10:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a few older people tell me that it would make DD bowlegged...and no I honestly don't think it does. My doctor never said anything about it and we held her up on her feet all the time cause she loved it!
    lilmissJ

Answer by lilmissJ at 10:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No! The opposite is actually true.
    ALL babies start out bowlegged - some more than others. Their little legs straighten as they bear weight on them.

My DD loves to jump. I knew she would before she was even born (sigh). By the time she was 3 months old I was holding her up so she could jump. By 4 months she was in a Jumperoo and a walker. She's almost 2 now and is not bowlegged - and she still loves to jump.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No. As long as you aren't letting the baby bear his own weight on his legs yet, you should be fine. My son loved to stand up.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 2:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008