I have a 8 month old baby boy and everytime hes finished drinking his bottle and I pick him up hes stomach sounds weird (as if someones shakeing a bottle of water sounds like that) I was wondering if thats happened to anyone elses baby.

mom2four25

Asked by mom2four25 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe he is drinking too fast.
    Do you burp him every so often like after 3 to 4 oz. It could be just air trapped in there.
    Or his tummy is just doing it's job (digesting) if he seems to be ok.
    Don't worry about it. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Mine sounds like that after I drink water lol. Does he spit it up? If so he could have acid reflux. If he seems fine and doesn't have a tummy ache or anything Im sure its perfectly fine.
    Anonymous

• Ya... my stomach even does that when I drink a lot Lol if hes spitting up after eating he might be eating to much. Try using a lower level nipple so he has to drink slower and it gives him a chance to realize hes full. But it's not so much a bad thing... but if he is over eating he probably feels very full and uncomfortable after eating. I can also her my babys tummy growl when shes hungry sometimes Lol. Definitly nothing to worry about!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No he never spits up and I dont think I need to burp him anymore he burps louder then his dad lol on his own but he does drink fast that might be it.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It's normal.
    Anonymous

• Completely normal!
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My guy's belly makes all kinds of noise...just like Mommy's. Made for some interesting dates when I was younger! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No but it's happened to me when i drink to much liquid. When you eat solid foods it takes up space and has to digest. But with liquids it just sloshes around till you pee it out.
    amanda_reisz

Answer by amanda_reisz at 5:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009