People scaring you.

I was just in the lunchroom and one of my co-workers asked me when I'm due. I told her in March and she said "oh, you've got a long time to go. It's going to get so miserable." How messed up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hated when people said negetive things! I always let anyone pregnant for the first time know that some people are overly negeative about being pregnant. Some girls make it sound so much worse then it is... its different for everyone... I heard horror story after horror story and I had such and easy time with it! I think people should only say positive things unless asked!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ummm ok.
    Anonymous

• she might be saying that near the end its going to miserable not to scare you. She might b giving you an heads up
    Anonymous

• maybe they referred miserable as if its gonna feel forever once it gets closer to your due date..
    like me,i have about 6-8 weeks and time right now is even slower.
    the kicks are getting stronger,i barely have sleep because the baby moves alot.
    my breath gets shortened,i get tired easily,so much weight to carry around with my little body..oh yea,sometimes i feel miserable but other than all those things i feel so glad to be having this baby in my arms soon =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• yes that is supremely annoying! I got so sick of other women's horror stories. Here's my story: I was comfortable up until the last 2 days. Labor was waaaaay easier than I was preparing for, and pushing was the easiest part for me. My baby was out and it was like nothing had ever hurt-I was so in love and so proud of myself. You will be fine and you will do great! You are a baby birthing machine and you will be so amazed at how your body handles itself! Be proud, be happy, and look forward to the time ahead. Also, I loved the last few months of being pregnant the most because my baby was big and I could touch her little feet through my skin. I knew when I was feeling her elbow or knee, and her hiccuping was precious to me. You'll love it.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• its annoying but true
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• People said this to me ALL the time...but I was NEVER miserable during my pregnancy, so there! People are stupid. ;)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Sorry...it is true...at least for me ....waking up so many times to go to the restroom, not able to walk normal, the pressure and back pain;I was so tired.... BUT everyone is different...all my pregnancies were so difficult, some woman are amazing and they do not feel bad at all...So go one day at the time....The labor...I can't tell. With my first boy was so painful, the second one I do not remember; it was quick and with 3rd I did not feel the contractions, only the pushing pain...So just listen to them and block whatever you do not want to hear.  And I do not think people are stupid for making those comments....they are sharing own experiences...and generally towards the end, the pregnancy becomes more difficult. CONGRATS!

mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 3:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Do not allow other people's opinions and experiences scare you in any way. Just be open minded and go with the flow and do what you know is best. Sometimes, others will upset you to make you miserable because misery loves company. You should do just fine! ;)
    toweringbeauty

Answer by toweringbeauty at 3:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm due at the end of March and I don't feel like I have a long ways to go! My pregnancy is flying by! It may get miserable, but it's worth it. Some people just have less of a tolerance for "being miserable" I guess.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009