How can you start a fund raiser worldwide not just locally?

I am disabled but still want to be useful to our world so Our family wants to start a business helping others,such as going to senior citizens who have no one and shop, clean, cook and visit with them paint their nails just make them know someone care. would like to take my teen children to their house to mow, do odd jobs for people that don't have any money.Take them to their Doctors offices or just for a ride. We want to improve the lives of others! Help anyone in need in some capacity, babysit for young mother that can't afford childcare, trying to pay it forward. I like that idea! Have a fund available for students that can't participate in some school activities because of lack of funds. Check with the schools and help everyone that we can! Let's Love our Neighbor!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Wow that is very noble of you. Not sure how to get started though. sorry
    Anonymous

• I would think that it would be best to start locally, and then expand.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would start locally, and see about offering your services through an already established national organization...like the American Red Cross, Visiting Nurses Association, The YMCA, a national chapter of a religious organization, Boy/Girl Scouts of America, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, Larger Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facilities, Larger Hospital Networks, etc.

The larger the organization, the more likely THEY have national groups and/or charities that they work with, more "purchasing power" (ie: their name inspires confidence, generosity, and helps "sell" YOUR services. You might also want to contact your local Chamber of Commerce, and see if the businesses that belong to that chapter will advertise, match fund raising efforts dollar for dollar.

continued
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I recommend starting with a FEW key services at first...not EVERYTHING you mentioned above...that would be a very daunting task! You will need to keep VERY detailed records of money raised, and will likely want to establish your company as a non-profit organization. See an accountant for how to proceed as a legitimate company--otherwise people will be less likely to give, if they don't know where the money is going!
    LoriKeet

• message me I have great resources
    Happymommy804

Answer by Happymommy804 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Locally the town is less than two thousand people, nothing available. Seems like eveyone so caught up me myself and I. I found this out when I first became disabled. You are treated like you are just trash, and other people in situation need treated with respect and diginity. I have worked my entire adult life and didn't ask to be disabled, but I am not going to allow this to stop me from making others lives a little better. Kindness goes along way! You never know when your compassion can turn around someone attitude about the world in general. Any ideas appreciated!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 7, 2009