Are we better off without my husband?

Here's just a few things that have happened over the course of time that got me to this point:

Spending money on himself rather than his family. We are uninsured, no dental, no savings, yet he spent about 4,000 buying new golf clubs and supplies.

He wanted to buy a 10,000 harley but once again felt he deserved it and felt its ok we have no insurance.

I have to make him watch the kids sometimes. He does not do family outings. Everything is golf,golf,golf.....I am broke....no money...using credit cards to supplement money......not a good situation....I am putting in applications left and right....still nothing....I feel like I will get more being without him than being with him. At least without him, my children can get insured.... any thoughts are greatly appreciated... :)

momojet

Asked by momojet at 3:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Honeslty I would say without... but I would confront him on your thinkings first and see if that changes anything. Needs always come before wants!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 3:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Honestly only you know if its worth being with this man...That being said he has his priorities all messed up! Good Luck!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 3:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• not worth it. leave him. you can't forever be the glue that holds your family together. you have a right to make a better life for yourself!
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Have to agree with Ladeelah..You have a right to seek out a better life for you and your children. Your husbands priorites are completly out of whack and you are creating a web of debt by using cc's that is going to be very difficult to get out from under. I'd say give it one last conversation to try to set him straight and if nothing changes time for a trial seperation. You leaving may be the only thing that shakes him enough to see the error in his ways and if it does'nt well than you're still better off.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009