Why did YOU get married?

Have you ever asked yourself this question? After seeing the Tyler Perry movie a few months ago I realized that I never thought about the actual reason WHY I got married. Yes, I love my husband and wanted to be with him but sometimes I think that I said "yes" because that's what I thought was supposed to be the next thing to happen in my life. I graduated from grad school, I was moving to a new city and he proposed so it was like the natural order of things. I don't regret it at all....just wondering if anyone has ever really thought about that question.

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He was my best friend. Then I discovered one day, like a truck hit me, that I loved him. I remember the occasion. We worked in the same office and my boss gave me a report of my (now) husband's to read. My eyes blurred over when I saw the handwriting and it was astounding to me that I was in love and hadn't even realized it. It was like my heart missed several beats. To answer your question, I felt as if I were only half a person when we were apart. We talked about goals, philosophies, attitudes, family matters such as responsibility toward caring for sick and elderly family members, about childrearing, and I decided this was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. My mother asked me if I were just marrying because my friends were. I responded that, no, I had been told that you'll know when it's the real thing. And I did.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• cause I loved my hubby :) but we got married SOONER cause I was preg
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think i got married cause i wanted to start my family young so many of the women in my fam get ovarian cancer young and i didnt want that to happen to me and me not be able to have kids. If i would have known i was prego the day i got married i doubt i would have gone through with it.
    Anonymous

• We were together for a year, realized we COULD be together forever, stayed engaged for 2 years, then we KNEW we would be together forever. We decided on the date because we wanted to join our church, and we wanted to do that married.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Cause I was pregnant. Luckily it turned out to be a good choice. LOL Almost married 7 years now.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I got married because I always believed in marriage and children. I fell in love and got married when I was 24. We bought a home and had two sons. My american dream. Both my sisters are married and they're older than me. I guess I saw that as an example.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 7:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009