How do you see it?

Do you see yourself as "religious" or just a person who has a relationship with God or other higher power? Do you feel there is a difference between the two?

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I see myself as having a relationshilp with God. I believe that a person gets burnt out on religion. Religion has alot of rituals that gets old and boring, but in a relationship with Jesus he is constantly renews you spiritually and physically. Not to leave out the revelations he gives you through his word.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 3:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Id say I am both.

Answer by gemgem at 3:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree Sis Jackson. I too consider myself having a relationship with God through is word and prayer. I go to church and all but I think "religion" or considering someone to be "religious" kind of separates us in a way because of different beliefs & practices.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i use to be religious, i followed my parents religion & never thought for myself. but since the birth of my DD i've been trying to develop more of a relationship w/ God & find out what i believe He really wants from me. to me religion are rules other people think God wants them to follow, but they only get followed in public not private. but a relationship is more than just some silly rules, its how you live everyday.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It's all about a relationship with God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I believe in God but I don't believe in religion. The two are completely different.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't really have a relationship, i believe there's something more, but because I don't know what, I can't really have a relationship with them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i dont have a set religion or believe in a "god" persay... i believe in spirituality. My favorite saying is people who are AFRAID to go to hell turn to religion, people who have BEEN to hell turn to spirituality. I believe in a higher power who guides me through life and helps me live the right way, principals before personality....doing the next right thing for the next right reason. To me a higher power could be anything you want it to be... for me its my mom who passed away last year to breast cancer. Honestly everyone has their own beliefs and to me its rediculous how there is so many diff set gods and how some people are forced to believe in ONE set thing. GOD to me stands for G-OOD O-RDERLY D-IRECTION - this is just my belief and it def helps me on a daily basis.... spirituality is so personal and to me its not confusing or stirs up those questions of curiosity of if things are true about "god".....
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I am not religious.....I have a relationship with my Lord. I don't follow any ceremonies, or do anything over and over. I speak to Him as my best friend....My Daddy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I believe in spirituality, too and having a relationship with God, not getting worn down by senseless rituals and regulations that make up most religions. I enjoy having a personal relationship with Mother And Father God, and of course Our Lord Jesus.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009