baby shopping

my family (well my inlaws) tells me to wait untill im in the last month of my pregnancy to start buying things because its bad luck.
i lost a baby before and had already bought things now im a little scared to get anything but i dont want to wait till the last minute neither!
im 20 weeks now and trying to figure out when its apropriate to start buying baby stuff

when did you start?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 3:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just buy a few little things here and there and just tuck them away in the closet.
    Wait until after your baby shower to see what you receive before you get serious about what you really need to get.
    It also doesn't hurt to start looking at second hand items that people are willing to sell cheap or give away cheap. Just don't buy any mattresses or car seats unless they are just a few years old so you know they meet the current guidelines.
    Go with your heart and just purchase what you can handle.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My family started as soon as we found out i was pregnant like a stroller adn unisex clothes unisex blankets
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• we would buy a cute outfit or a cute bib here and there...but I am 32 weeks and we have bought stuff for the nursery like the crib. My shower is on the 31st and I will get the rest of what I need if I dont get them for the shower shortly after the shower.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think I'm going to start the last month too, just because I'm not in the mood to do it any sooner.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I waited a while because I was scared that if I bought stuff and something happened it would only hurt worse if I had all this stuff. The only things I really had before I had my son were things that other people had bought and things I got from my baby shower. My mother bought our crib but I didn't even put it up until I was 38 weeks. I was just too afraid I was going to jinx myself, but then again I'm paranoid like that. In the end though, everything was fine.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009