Can i start breastfeeding again?

My dd is 3 months old and i stoped bf at about 8 weeks can i start bf again or is it to late? Every now and then i leak like there is still milk in my breast but im not sure it gonna be enough to fill her up at each feeding. Any thoughts?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think that if you are still lactating, if you start letting her suck for a little while on each breast each feeding it would start back up. And you could feed her a bottle after she sucks for awhile. But I guess that depends on your body. I would call the Health dept and ask to set up an appt. with the lactation specialist.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You absolutely CAN , it may very well be hard work , but you can do it .
    Look up re-lactation , consult a LC or LLL member and go from there.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• if your still lactating then absolutely you can your body will make the milk it needs however im not sure at 3months if your DD will wana latch on to your boob though since she has now been bottle fed. Its much easier for a baby to get what the want from a bottle verses breast. but it guess you could try.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• See the thing is is that when i rock her at night and for naps if i am wearing a tank top or v neck type shirt she trys to suck on my chest and get to my nipple so i think that she still wants it but i don't want her to get confused or not be full from the breast and get frustrated
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If she will latch on, that's great. Nurse constantly. She will bring your supply up. Look into a SNS (supplemental nursing system). Go to kellymom.com. Go to the Breastfeeding Moms group. PM me for support if needed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009