how do i get her to crawl she gets on her hands and knees but won't go

i try to get her to crawl and she just goes flat on the floor and she don't go but she gets up on her hands and knees but that is it

haielychristine

Asked by haielychristine at 10:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? Most babies don't start out crawling unti 8-10 months. Just keep practicing. Every child develops differently.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• She will get it soon enough, I think it is cute when they try, they get up on all fours and rock back and forth they know what to do but have to find the right time to do it. Like going on that job interview for the first time you are scred ut you finally go out and do it. Just like your baby she thinks she can do it she just needs to feel comfortable doing it and she will. I use to get on the floor with mine and let your babies feet touch your theighs and she can push herself off of you. You will have to get on all four also and put your hands over her. I hope this is making since. Good Luck Teri
    busy_mom41

Answer by busy_mom41 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• She will in her own time. I know you are impatient but try to put your own expectations and schedule aside. Enjoy wathcing her get up on her hands and knees, enjoy watching her rock back and forth as she tries to figure out what to do. She'll get it! And you'll both be so proud and excited when she does.

PS: keep this in mind when you are anxious for her to walk, talk, or use the potty. She will when she's ready.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• depend on the baby.. my daughter start crawling at 6 month and sliding on her tummy around that time too( which is funny because she help me clean the floor j/k)
    just put your baby on tummy time... if she is 3 month she may scream blood murder so just let her have tummy time
    the more she on tummy time the more she going to learn how to crawl
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• my son is 7 months old and does alot of scooting to get around but he has getting on all fours and rock back and forth to crawl but nothing yet. i look at this way whenever he is ready to start crwwling he will figure it out all on his own
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008