nap time

help....i have 2 kids one is 5 months and one is 2 i cant get them to take naps my 5 month old takes like a 10 min nap each day what can i do

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are they just not tired? Do you let them stay up late?
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• they should be tired my youngest goes to bed at aroud 8pm she gets but 3 times after that then wakes up at 8-9 am... my 2 year old goes to bed at around 8:30 pm and gets up at 8-9 am
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I also have a almost 2 year old and a 5 mo old...I'm struggling to get them to nap at the same time!
    Did your 2 yo nap before??? Some toddler's don't need a nap anymore at that age. Is he showing signs to tiredness??
    As for the 5mo, my son was the same when he was a baby, only taking like 10min naps. I got him to nap longer by putting him in the swing(it's good and bad....it creates a habit that needs to eventually be broken, but it can make them nap longer). Anyway, my son went from 10min naps to 1.5 hour naps, 2x a day.
    Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I only have one kid but my son is 18 months and he doesn't want to take naps either. What we started to do was when he started getting really fussy, rubbing his eyes, or any sign that he was tired we put him in his crib. This might sound mean but we just let him cry and within 5 or 10 minutes his out for a good hour or hour and a half. GL
    Anonymous