How much like your dad is your husband?

For example my dad was a sheetrockerand hubby is a roofer/sider...both construction. Daddy and hubby both raising other mens children as their own and don't any one dare to say "Oh (s)he's not really yours?" cuz them's fighting words LOL! On the other hand my dad always puts more money into things to fix them than they are worth and hubby's answer to the slightest problem with something is get a new one!

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My mom and I always say that they came from the same mold. They are alike in so so so many ways. I have always heard the saying that a "daughter will marry a man like her father" well I did and its a good thing. My father is a wonderful man and so is my husband.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• NOTHING alike! Thank God. My dad disappeared when I was younger cause a drug dealer told him to leave town or die. He also would quit jobs to avoid paying child support. $80 a month might I add. He was a drug addicted alcoholic. My husband on the other had never touched a drug in his life, doesnt drink but on occasion IF our son is not with us, and will work his ass off to make sure that we do not go without. Complete opposite of my dad !
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My husband is the polar opposire from my father ....he wouldn't be my husband if he weren't
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Both are pretty stuburn, but very sweet and they really don't show their emotions unless something really big hits them. To make matter worse (and/or better) both are CANCER!!! hahaha
    They are very protective of me, they are so much a like, some differences two of course but pretty much a like! LOL
    And I love them both!!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 4:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My husband is just like my dad they both drink more then they should and neither one of them have much to do with their kids and treat their wives like shit, and like my mom did for a while im just sitting back and taking the bullsh** im scared noone will want me since i had a kid (thats what everyone used to tell me) sad i know but one of these days ill get the courage to pack up dd and i and tell my mommy im coming home.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 4:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My husband is NOTHING like my dad. My dad does construction. My husband is a planning engineer for call forecasting. My dad drinks and smokes. My husband doesnt. If it paints a clearer picture of my dad he used to make us say "thank you for farting daddy." when we were kids. My husband is highly educated. My dad is a womanizer. My husband is a one-woman man:) Lucky me!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I loved my dad, but he was different from my husband. Dad was a hunter and fisher, my husband even rescues spiders. Dad golfed and liked baseball. My husband likes to read and to listen to music. Dad liked to gamble, my husband doesn't. My dad wouldn't consider bathing or changing a baby, my husband did. Dad would never clean or vacuum. My husband does. Dad loved his family, and so does my husband. Both were/are religious and regular church-goers. Both were/are very hard workers and good providers.

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• They have similarities, but those similarities can be found among most men. Other than that they are nothing alike, thank goodness. Not that I don't love my dad, but that seems a bit creepy to me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• They have pretty similar senses of humor, but that's kind of where the similarity ends. Well, that and the fact that they both ended up producing 3 girls and no boys.... =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My dad and husband are Nothing alike! Well they are both hard workers, in what they do, but other than that they are completly the oppisate...oppisiate....hmm wheres the spell checker on this!! Oh well you get my point! Thats okay though, I love my dad he is an amazing man and I love my hubby too.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009