Very Shy 14 month old

My son is EXTREAMLY shy to the point where when he sees people he tenses up and wont even look at them and seems scared to death. I am a stay at home mom, we only do go out once a week and he is and only child so is this normal? He just has always been shy even when he was a baby and I just thought it was cause I am too, but yesterday my sister came over with her kids and he seemed so scared , it made me feel wierd. He would not let go of me and his muscles were so tight he was stuck to me like glue

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 4:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well my 20 month old gets very nervous and shy around any strangers and even kids or babies but after 15 to20 minutes he gets off my lap and would start to walk around and get a little close to them but the minute they start talking to him he comes running back to me, I think it's because I am too a stay at home mom and he's my first child, so I signed him up for swimming classes and also in my little gym for toddlers hopping he gets used to people other than me and my husband. if you can't do the same then see if another child can come over your place alone to play I think your son will be less threatened by a toddler or a small child.

BEST OF LUCK

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009