What's your best money saving tip(s)?

The current state of the economy and job market is causing many cutbacks in business and in our homes! What are your favourite money saving tips?

I have started clipping coupons like a maniac and it's gotten addicting!

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I stopped using the dryer and hang them to dry instead... go to the "cheap" stores, like dollar general... buy my clothes at the consignment shop ( I can trade in clothes for discounts on what's on the rack), make all my meals at home, and moved in with my parents.. now it's me, my daughter, my mom, dad, brother and his gf... it's a BIG house, but my parents business has slowed a lot since the recession really hit, so we all pitch in and in the long run, we all save money.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I turn off the lights and watch TV in the dark. I wash my cloths in cold water. I try to do all my errands all in one day.

Answer by louise2 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Save up as many errands as possible and take care of them in one trip. Keep the thermostat as low as you can get away with. Short showers.

Answer by Bmat at 4:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• might sound weird but I make my own laundry detergent now. Holy cow it saves me a bunch. The first batch I made lasted 7 weeks and only costs me 68 cents to make. Its low sudsing so its perfect for my front loaders. It cleans the clothes really well. I also started making my own cleaners too. Every little bit helps.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009