Living with your parents or in-laws

I was just wondering how many couples live with parents or in-laws? We do, we had a job loss and got very behind so my parents took us in.

Also, if you do what is your set up like? Do you have a bedroom and bathroom?

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 4:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we currently do we moved back home from texas after my husband got out of the army and we needed to find jobs and a place of our own. We live with his parents.
    Its stressfull but it works for now hopefully by march we will be out lol anyway we have our own bedroom and bathroom upstairs we pretty much have all of the upstairs area to ourselfs. They pretty much leave us be.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I lived with my mom and dad when i first got married and was there for 7 months but i loved it cause my mom was there for me to talk to about being pregnant
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 4:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We have two bedrooms, living room, bathroom, and laundry room that is all ours...its like our downstairs apartment....minus a kitchen.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't want to live with either one. I just think that steals your privacy. I like being on my own with my own little family, I would feel out of place.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 4:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We live with my in-laws. We have a bedroom, a "nursery" (it's in the loft) and a bathroom. It's ok but i really want our own place. My in laws are really understanding about things though and help us out in anyway they can
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We lived with my inlaws for almost all of 2005. We decided to move to be closer to my husband's family and it was supposed to just be for a month or two. We weren't prepared for the drastic difference in cost-of-living and after 10 months and we still could not afford to live on our own without public assistance, I made the decision that we had to move back closer to my family. Our marriage was seriously on the rocks and I was miserable so we had to do something.

We had a small bedroom with no closet, a small room for the baby that also had the treadmill in it, and we shared a bathroom.

I don't recommend living with parents or inlaws unless the only other option is the street.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have lived with my in-laws in the past for almost 5 years! A very bad idea even though we got along just fine. Even though we had our own bedroom, LR and bathroom we were still intertwined in eachothers daily lifes. It made child rearing very difficult and it ended up with a hge fight between my mom in-law and myself. If it can be avoided try to avoid it!!
    staci1103

Answer by staci1103 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• ours situation works out great. They stay upstairs, we stay downstairs. We dont have to much trouble. Everyonce in awhile my mom comes down a little to often to say Hi and things...but sometimes we go all day without seeing each other.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I live with my SO and his parents. It works out just fine.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We stayed with my MIL for a little bit, while we got on our feet. We took the whole basement, and that gave us our own bathroom. The only problem was that we had to share a room with our LO and the laundry room was downstairs, as was my SO's little sister's room. So we never got the privacy we needed. But we made it work and finally got our own place and are happier than ever.
    missmissy

Answer by missmissy at 1:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009