How long do I wait after a c-section to start working out?

Tristanboy

Asked by Tristanboy at 11:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd think you could start walking any time you wanted to - but anything more strenuous than that you should ask your dr. I walked right away w/ my two - w/ the stroller around the neighborhood until I started feeling better.
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 3:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When you feel strong enough start slow. I had a bad recovery. I started walking again and am pregnant again. I would say 8-12weeks most women can feel they can start something slow.
    mommakline

Answer by mommakline at 6:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i would wait 8 to 12 weeks that is what the doc told me i didnt listen and i hurt myself so dont rush it. like the other ladies said walking is good though but any more is to much.
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Start off with brief walks with the baby, but be cautious if you feel sore or over-tired. At your 6 week appt. your ob/gym should give you some guidelines for your fitness and lifestyle. If you're past that point, call and ask. They make require you to come in for a physical, but you'll have a solid idea of what is ok and what is not. Good luck!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I started the day after and did hemorage but continued to workout. My doctor was livid wait at least 6 weeks and when you go in for your appointment ask your doctor. However, I agree with the other post you can walk slowly and for short periods of time.
    Anonymous