How soon after giving birth did you start to exersise?

I had my baby almost 2 weeks ago and i feel fine, but my bleeding hasn't stop yet.
Should I wait longer or is it ok to start to exersise?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I was told to not run or do anything that would pull down my organs for a while, which I didn't listen to, and then my uterus dropped, so my recommendation would be that you could do arm exercises just fine, not enough weights to cause straining. I'd suggest against swimming just yet, but this is just opinion. Something with no impact- such as a ski machine, or a bike set on low. Mild exercises at most at this point. Neck exercises, lower back presses- probaby all right. Call your ob and ask the nurse there.

Answer by Bmat at 4:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I wanted to add, I would think that strolling would be OK. I can understand that you'd want to get active again.

Answer by Bmat at 4:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You can start walking as soon as you're ready. I wouldn't do ab stuff until after your PP check up. Also do lots of Kegals...it really helps you get back to normal down below. Other than that, just stay away from anything that will increase abdominal pressure(crunches, heavy lifting) as the PP said, it can cause pelvic organs to prolapse and you don't want that.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• no sooner than 6 weeks after the birth. even if you feel up to it your body is definetly not ready yet.
    staci1103

Answer by staci1103 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 4 months later..i was too lazy!! lol
    Danny2106

Answer by Danny2106 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• after your 6 week checkup you should be good to go but not sooner your doctor has to make sure you have made a full recovery but ask your doctor at the checkup if your good to exercise just in case
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 4:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had a Csection and it took me quite while, I started walking about 2 months after, and it really hurt so I stopped. I think I did it when she was about 4 months old, and then I was ok.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2009