Is this normal?

My baby is a fussy eater and is plain fussy all the time. He's seven months old. I'm getting to the point where his voice just makes me cringe......

He won't eat, take a nap, everything is a problem with him!!!!!!!!!

Is this normal? I'm really frustrated with this at this point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh trust me its normal i did that ith my 4 years old son growing up im like ohmygod please jsut shut up and take a nap go to sleep, but at his age his behavior is normal, from teething, my 7month old daughter isa going through that NOW, so believe me your raction is normal, but rmember so is his behavior. Just make sure you don't act our your anger, jsut do it in your head and vent after hes asleep, make sure you ahve a friend or family member to talk to. If you open up someone might be able to take him and give you a break.
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 4:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It sound to me like a little one not getting enough sleep. My son is a hand full when he is tired. Picky eating just happens in some kids, my child is too. I feed him what he will eat and give him the V-8 Fusion juice to help with fruits and veggies. Make sure he is getting enough rest, and has some quiet time.
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• He doesn't sleep enough. He'll wake up crying a lot. I can't get him to sleep ever.
    Anonymous

• how can they be picky eaters at 7 months, when all they really eat is a bottle, cereal and baby food? just wondering...
    as for is this normal, sorry, i never had a problem with my ds. by 7 months he was sleeping through the night and taking a 4 hour nap during the day. he's 21months now and still does. keeping a schedule is the key. i have a 5 month old now, and i have her on a set schedule as well. she takes 2 naps a day and goes to bed at 8, wakes up once to eat at night, and is up at 8 the next morning. i have the meals scheduled too. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• well i know plenty of moms who have babies at that age that don't sleep through the night. it's just part of being a mom. like i always say, sleeplessness is part of being a MOM. it's something you signed up for when you got pregnant.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm sure you've done this... but talk to your doctor. And if he says nothing is wrong, go talk to another. Because at stake here too is your relationship with your child.

I entered my first child thinking the doctor knows best and i realize now that you have to question the doctor sometimes. And this is after something terrible was happening to my daughter internally.... another doctor, 4 years later, pickedup something that said, "oh, this is probably why your child was so difficult as a baby."

Listen to your gut and get a second opinion.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 4:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Does he spit up a lot? It could be Acid Reflux. My daughter suffered from it, and she wouldn't eat and she'd wake up crying from the pain. It may be worth talking to your doctor about.
    MammaShawna

Answer by MammaShawna at 4:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter is pretty independant
    not picky, loves everything!
    however started waking up alot the past month at night and fighting her naps...
    not so sure about that!
    sjbporter

Answer by sjbporter at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i agree with the idea that he's not getting enough sleep. as a mother of 3 and one f the was colicky for the first 5 months i can totally relate to your frustration. i know that with my third child who is now 1 month old, if he doesn't sleep enough he can cry for literally hours on end!!
    staci1103

Answer by staci1103 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009