CRAMPS- and I never get them before my period..EVER!

Should I be concerned? I am supposed to get my period on the 8th. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it came by negative. I have had cramps since yesterday. I have a pretty regular cycle so having cramps now is out of the normal.. Should I be concerned. I did have sptting on the 2nd but that was the only day. Any thoughts...??

jenh33081

Asked by jenh33081 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The day my period would have come I was cramping like crazy, and I never cramp, and I spotted about once a week for a month and a half or so. But no period ever came, and I'm still pregnant 22 weeks later. I've read that it's normal to have period-type cramps and feelings around the time it's due to come, so if you are pregnant, everything is probably fine, you shouldn't have to worry about a miscarriage unless you're cramping in an odd way (like from the back around to the front and down the legs, not normal period-feelings ones) or there's period-like bleeding; and if not then the body does strange things sometimes and there's not really much in the way of explanation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• well there's a first for everything...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• well, I guess I was looking for some glimmer of hope!
    jenh33081

Answer by jenh33081 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The problem with our reproductive system, is that our hormones makes similar symptoms for different issues. Our breasts can hurt, cramps can occur, and we can become nauseaus both before our periods and in early pregnancy. Unfortunately, you will have to wait until your period is due to see if you will test positive, and even then it may be a few days later to show up if your periods are irregular. Be patient. I know its hard, believe me, I've been there.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 4:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009