When did you pierce your daughter's ears??

My daughter is 3 months old and everyone tells me that it is ok to go ahead and get them pierced.

Mom-plus-five

Asked by Mom-plus-five at 4:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around age 7-9 when they could tell me they wanted it done.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My mom did my at 9 months. They are still in the right spot, not goofy looking. Who ever did mine did a good job, however I have seen girls that got theirs done young like me and their earrings are to low or to close to their head. I got luck I guess.
    Anonymous

• when she was 13 months...the people who did it say thats the easiest age, they dont like doing babies 3 months to 9 months cause the kick and wave their arms.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i got my daughters ears pierced at like 8 month but they got infected so i took them out and i got them redone last yr i was always told to get them done when they are babies its easier
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I didn't. We will do it when she's old enough to ask. They're not my ears :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I guess I'm a horrible mom. My daughter is 4 and still doesn't have hers pierced. She will get this as a privledge later in life.

I did have my son circumcised at birth though... so if I were to inflict pain on any child,I'd do it as soon as possible.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 4:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I didn't. When she's old enough to care for them and old enough to ask for them, I'll let her. As another mom said, they aren't my ears.

If you want to go ahead and get them done, do them before she turns one. Otherwise you need to wait until she is out of toddlerhood.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• lynnard you're so not a horrible mom either way. We're not piercing our daughter's ears until she asks for them. I just don't feel right putting two little wholes in someone else's body..it'll be her choice.
    When I was young I wore sticker earrings and clip-ons until I was ready.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• My daughter was about 12 or so months but that was only because I had to talk my hubby into it. If I had a choice I would have done it way sooner. I wanted it done when she was about 3 months. It was a fight to get them done once she was older because she was scared of two strangers getting that close to her (they had one on each side). She absolutely loves them now. ONce they healed she just thought they were the greatest. I still wish I would have done them sooner though.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 4:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I pierced my grnaddaughters ears for her 5th birthday last year because thats what she wanted. "Pleeeeeeeeeez pretty please Grandma!"..lol. My sister did mine when I was seven and we were supposed to be cleaning our room. My Grnadmother had kittens.. My Mom said "well at least their evenm"..lol..the one really cool thing she ever said.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009