Good baby shower hits?

I'm planning a baby shower for a friend and wanted some fun inexpensive ideas for party favors, games, and prizes. Shes already told me she wants to do the candy bar in daiper game. And anyone have any cute food ideas that I could make... that kind of go in theme with a baby shower? It's a boy so really the only theme we have is a baby boy! I don't think we are going to do a theme like jungle or teddy bears.

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 4:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a pack of newborn diapers and have everyone at the party write funny, cute or inspirational quotes on them in permanent marker. That way the new parents will have something to make them laugh or keep them going during those middle of the night feedings.

The safety pin game is always fun too. Get a bunch of safety pins and give each person at the shower one to wear. Then, you pick a word that no one is allowed to say (like "baby" or "boy"). If you catch someone saying the word, you get their safety pin. The person with the most safety pins wins the game.

As for decoration - I made a diaper cake for a friends shower and it was a really nice decoration plus is was useful. You can find how to videos on utube. I'd be happy to send you a picture of the one I did if you're interested.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• with mine they did the theme that my nursery was in. you could always do a sports theme since it's a baby boy and give out referee whistles. At mine they has two baby bottles one had M&M's and the other balloons and you had to guess how many in each one. And the winner got baby boy Hershey kisses.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• at mine we played a game where they cut a piece of yarn the length they thought it would take to go around my belly. And who ever was the closet won. It was just some little cheap prize i dont remember what it was.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I love the attribute game. It where the guest guess whether the mother wants the child to have his father's eyes or his mother's. Just print out a chart like this:
    Mother Father
    Eyes X
    Nose X
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 4:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• my favorite baby shower game is the one where you can't say baby. i've done it in the past by making pacifier necklaces out of lifesavers and gumdrops or dots candy but you can also do it with diaper pins. whoever has the most at the end wins.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I LOVE the idea of writing on the diapers! I'll have to remember that one...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• hand each guest paper and pen, get a paper bag and put ten baby items in it... then dump them out and let guests observe them for thirty seconds, put all the items back in the bag and have everyone write down what they remember...

another fun one is write the name of the baby..
    say its mackenzie and make as many wordds as you can out of the name
    such as...
    kent
    man
    men
    am
    sjbporter

Answer by sjbporter at 5:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• AT MY SISTERS THEY MELTED CANDY BARS IN DIPARS AND HAD TO GESS WITCH CANDY BAR WAS WITCH,,NASTY BUT FUN
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• At my shower, my mother in law made chocolate lollipops that were coloered and shaped like teddy bears and rattles and things of that nature. She ties them closed with Ribbon that had the date and our names on it. They were really cute!
    Also for games we did bingo ( the sheet had things on it and as I opened gifts you could mark it off if you had it)
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 9:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I like the idea of using the nursery theme for baby shower theme. That way she may be able to use decorations as part of decor (for instance framing an invitation, or a mobile decoration from the shower.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2009