How do you deal with bordom?

We recently moved back to our hometown area. Right now I am 6.5 months preggo with our 3rd and I'm a SAHM.

The weather stinks, its about 28 degrees outside and I have no car and no phone service, yet. My girls are 3 and 18 months and I am about to pull my hair out!! While I'm grateful to be a SAHM I can't stand sitting on my bum all day, stuck at home. What would you suggest to keep me from going insane??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Make a parade. Depending on how near you are to your neighbors use items that you can bang together- or blow through, such as a paper towel roll- and the three of you march around the place, in and out of the different rooms. It will be good exercise for all and get your blood moving. Put some music on the CD or radio- that would help set the mood, too. Another idea is to take up handcrafts, I did a little of everything, embroidery, crewel work, hooking rugs, cross-stitch, knitting, crochet. You can make the most darling little oufits with crochet especially. Even with such cold weather, it would be good for all to get outside for a little while, then come in and have some cocoa with marshmallows.

Answer by Bmat at 4:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with Bmat, but I have to add that if it wasn't for the computer and getting to talk to other mom's I would most likely be locked up somewhere slightly insane.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Enjoy and Play with your kids. Read to them. When you get access to a car go to the library and stock up on good books for all of you. Enrich your mind. Exercise. Set up a small schedule that the 3 year old can count on. Enlist her help with small chores. Draw with them. Play board games. Research other things to do with those ages:-)
    Anonymous

• You could be teaching pre-school things to your 3 yr old and your 18 month old will probably be interested in some of those things, make hand paintings or other fun messy things, read, read, read to them, you could cook several meals and freeze them so when your baby comes dinner won't be such a hassle, make a scrapbook, sing songs with them, you could start teaching bible stories and people to them and color pictures also. Hope this helps.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 5:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009