cancer sores caused by x-rays from dentist?

My child is now 8 years old, soon to be 9...anyhow....soon after ( mintues later) my child complained about child's mouth hurting, gums. Then I noticed two lines in my child's mouth, two lines that looked very similar to the x-rays that are placed in the mouth. So, I thought ( Ok this has happened to me too) That night, my child cried from the pain, could not eat or talk! Even crying hurt!So since it was the weekend, I gave my child Mortin and pain killer swabs ( not sure the exact name) and it did not help. I took my child back to the dentist and the dentist said, " They are canker sores". They are lines, not round or oval.my question is this, could the dentist be wrong? Or has anyone else get this. One line to the back left and on line to back right..red and swollen. Not a canker sore, but a more like a cut!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like little cuts or something from the cardboard things they put in your mouth for the X-ray. I've had that too after an X-ray.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009