breech baby

Did anyone of you have a breech baby that they tried to turn and if so how bad does it hurt?
My baby is breech and hasnt turned if he is still that way when i go into labor then the dr said he could try and turn him from the outside but it was a tad uncomfortble. Iv heard from others it hurts like hell.
ANYONe know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about turning, but many midwives suggest sitting on a birthing ball to help get the baby in the proper position. According to some stuff I read, babies end up breech because of bad posture. We're all guilty of it, but sitting on a birth ball can help with posture and help get your baby into position. When are you due? Is it soon?
    Anonymous

• I've heard some moms say it doesn't hurt, but I've heard some doctors doing epidurals because they anticipate so much pain for the mom. I think it's all going to depend on the size of your baby, how much fluid you have, and how engaged he/she is in the pelvis. My MIL says that my DH turned during labor, and it wasn't painful, but a friend of mine had an epidural and they tried to turn her baby a few days before she went into labor.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would refuse the external version and look into going to a chiropractor who is trained in the Webster technique. It's pretty effective at turning breech babies. Check out icpa4kids.org. Even if you think you can't afford chiropractic adjustments, most chiros have day rates that are really affordable.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 6:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009