Snacks for a girls weekend?

My friends and I are going to a "cabin in the woods" in November for just a moms weekend away. We will be in NC and are going to do the Biltmore House, Grove Park Inn spa, etc. 3 people have already claimed the dinner meals, we'll be eating out lunches, so I'm looking for afternoon/late night snack ideas?
I'm bringing cocktails for sure (makings for bikini martinis and malibu baybreezes), plus some homemade pumpkin bread for breakfast. Anyone have any easy to make (not sure what type of cooking utensils will be available in the cabin, but I can bring a bundt pan or something if needed), or make ahead ideas?

Asked by missanc at 9:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• cheese trays, raw veggies/pepperoni/salami slices, dips/crackers/breads
    my first thought was ''WINE!" lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2011

• No Bake Cheesecake. Grab a graham cracker crust from the store, and the premixed filling by Philadelphia, put the filling in the crust and stick it in the fridge. You could also have crackers, summer sausage, and cheese slices. Pretzels. Potato Skins (I've got an awesome recipe for those. I will post it in the recipes section in a bit.). And I'm always a sucker for chips and hot sauce. Veggies and ranch dip.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2011

• Make a chocolate fondue and keep it in a crock pot. Get a bunch of things (fruit, marshmallows, short bread cookies, pound cake, etc.) to dunk.

Melt some good chocolate with a bit of heavy cream.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2011

• For lunches I'm a big fan of cold cuts, on nice breads like Marble Rye, Pumpernickel, etc.... you know.. the stuff the kids won't eat! Very packable to take along as a pic-nick to those attractions too. Have fun ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2011

• Home-made cookies or s'mores are always good!!!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 20, 2011