Do you wash the dishes by hand BEFORE putting them in the dishwasher?

I do and DH says its a waste of time and energy. I just wonder what everyone else's opinions are.

NoGirlsAllowed

Asked by NoGirlsAllowed at 5:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• uh no....thats why i have a dishwasher, but my husband still does it because his parents used to make him do it, and it annoys me. Why wash your dishes twice?
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i do sometimes. it depends on how dirty the dish is. dishwashers aren't really that reliable to wash off the stuff that's really dirty, so you have to sometimes. but not all the dishes.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't wash them with soap but I rinse them off with water adn the dishrag
    Anonymous

• I rinse mine so there are no solids on the dishes/pans/glasses I don't have to run the dishwasher every day usually. So I don't want stuff to stick. I use my dishwasher mostly to amke sure everything gets sanitized.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I rinse them off but I let the dishwasher wash them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I rinse things off. If there's food stuck on then I'll wipe them before I put them in the dishwasher. If you don't then sometimes food that's stuck on just gets like baked on by the dishwasher. Also food gets stuck in the dishwasher and can make it smell nasty and not work as well.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It's not that I wash them, but I do spray them off before putting them in the dishwasher, now they do have a dishwasher out that they say you don't have todo that, but I myself can't afford it, a question I have for that pictular dishwasher is where does the food go?? But yes I spray off my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, Thanks for the question........
    c.barbara

Answer by c.barbara at 7:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I wash them all by hand---I don't have a dishwasher.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 7:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We just got a new dishwasher and now I don't have to wash them at all before I put them in! It's wonderful!!! Our old dishwasher didn't wash well at all. It was ANCIENT!!!!!
    2Potato

Answer by 2Potato at 7:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Not everything. But I have one of those little plastic scraper things that I use to scrape off the "baked on" food. But that's it. The rest of it goes in as is.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009