What do you do when you find out your nephew was doing unmentionables to your daughters.

My recently adopted nephew, was doing some pretty grown up things to my daughters, they're all ages 6, 5 and 3. He's been exposed to alot prior to being adopted and i've been sitting on the fence, my oldest daughter told me out of confidence and was giggiling about it, the innocence of being 6. I love my nephew, my daughter's confidence in me, but should I let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i wouldn't let it go no he may have be in some situations before he was adopted but now its your guys chance to do something bout it and teach him its wrong best of luck
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No you shouldnt let it go. Tell his parents so they can get him help and dont let your dds play with him.

Answer by gemgem at 5:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• probably not - It is hard to say without knowing exactly what happened. I would talk to his parents I guess
    Mom2Girl865

Answer by Mom2Girl865 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Don't even consider letting this go! That child clearly needs some help before one of your DD's or someone else's child learns the facts of life the hard way. Tell his adoptive parents to put him into counseling immediately, or you'll report it to social services.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 5:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You shouldn't just let it go. If he is behaving this way with your daughters without any kind of correction, he may act the same way in school, or at a friend's house. I don't know how old he is or the severity of what he did, but you/his parents need to sit him down and teach him what is appropriate and what is not.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• let it go are you crazy something needs to be done. how old is he? this is serious and if you let it go it can end up seriously hurting alot of peopl. do you want to have to visit him in jail cuz he did not receive the help he needed cuz someone let it go. i am not trying to bash you honey know that you are probably sick over this but he needs help and you need to talk to your girls and let them no it is not a funny or acceptable thing and praise them for telling you good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 2 words HELL NO.
    tell his parents, and keep him away from your girls till they get him the professional help he needs NOW before he becomes a serious sexual predator.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree to not let it go...but before you go off the deep end, make sure it wasn't the normal "playing doctor" that kids do at that age. If he was doing things wth all the girls at the same time and not being secretive about it, then perhaps this is all is was...still needs to be dealt with but not an emergency. I'd start the "good touch/bad touch" discussions with your daughters right away in any case. Good luck and I hope it turns out well for all of you.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 6:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• No this is only gonna get worse and I hate people that condon it!! stop it now before something your daughters are gonna remember and scar them for life happens!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Tell his parents, but other than that, just think about what you would have done if it was your kid. The most important thing is to not over react. The kids will pick up on that, and that reaction is going to be more damaging than what the kid did.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 7:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2009