Vaccine Question

I'v pretty much decided not to vaccinate. Can you non-vaccinating mamas give me your reasons as to why you don't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't vaccinate. :) I got arthritis from my MMR vaccine. I'd much rather have had the measles, thanks. Also, the ingredients are toxic and disturbing. Formaldehyde, aluminum, aborted fetal tissue and a few still contain mercury. Those diseases are totally treatable here in the United States. :)
    Check out www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax www.thinktwice.com and www.nvic.org
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I vaccinate so no clue why no one would. I dont think I could live with myself knowing my child died of a preventable disease. Just sayin............
    Anonymous

• I'd be happy to share some of the things I found while researching vaccines that change my husband and my mind on them. Please send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I vaccinated. I live in a high traffic area for refugees thought. I know they are supposed to have health checks before they get over here, but you never know what could slip by. I just wanna make sure my bases are covered with him. It may not be a common disease in the US, but someone fresh from like Africa (most refugees here are from there ) where that disease could have it or have come in contact with it and bring it over If I lived in a different area it may be different.
    Anonymous

• If you have decided not to,don't you already have that info? asking not to be smart mouth but for my own knowledge..I am sure there are lots of websites on both sides of this debatew,each w/plenty of reasons not to vac/or to vac.My advice is to listen to your own advice,don't make such a huge decision based on "popular opinions" it's your baby, not a poll.
    Anonymous

• Of course I know it's not a poll. I'm just curious as to other mother's reasons on here. That's all.
    Anonymous

• My son is vaccine injured, and all of my children are succeptable.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We don't vaccinate because the risks of vaccinating outweigh the risks of the diseases they aim to prevent. Have you checked out the group "Choosing Not To Vaccinate" here on CafeMom? It's full of good info.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't vaccinate because I'm irresponsible and would rather just lean on all the other parents to vaccinate their children so I won't have to worry about the diseases. Plus if enough of us don't vaccinate our children there will big a huge epidemic of sickness and oh that just sounds like a lot of fun!
    Anonymous

• Anon7:54 - Very immature. You obviously know nothing about vaccines.
    Anonymous