i am having my second child and was told i need another c section i want to know are they going to make a new mark or use the one i have from her and is it going to hurt more i dont like pain i am a big baby

Asked by rosa08 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When i had my second c-section they cut me in a different place from the first.

Answer by mamasmalls at 2:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• A have had 2 c-sections and the second one actually went better than the first. They did use the same area. I actually left the hospital sooner with the second...because you know more and what to to care for yourself etc. by far my second birthing experience was so much more wonderful. I was more relaxed and able to enjoy the whole process. Hope it is great for you too!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have had three c-sections and am scheduled for #4 in December. All of my incisions have been in the same place. My scar is realy low and cannot even be seen in a bikini. I think this is pretty standard unless there is some kind of complication. Recovery seems to get easier each time. I don't like to take too much medication but I learned that it really helps your recovery to take the pain meds on a set schedule for the first few weeks. That way you can move around more freely. The sooner and more frequently you move around the quicker the recovery. Then you can get off the meds sooner too. Enjoy your time in the hospital and let people take care of you because the difficulty comes when you get home and have to take care of your newborn, your older child and yourself. Accept any help that is offered. Don't forget that a c-section is major surgery. GOOD LUCK!