Whats the longest amount of time you keep meat in the freezer before deciding its too old to cook?

b.nicole

Asked by b.nicole at 11:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• 6 months is the general rule of thumb
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 11:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I agree, 6 months. If you put it in there yourself make sure its wrapped appropriately though or it won't last 6 months. If you get your meat from a meat shop or butcher ask them to freezer wrap it and they gladly will. If you buy it from the grocery store then but freezer bags to and put the whole package in a freezer bag. This economy is forcing me to buy on sale and freeze too - I feel like I'm turning into my mother!!! LOL!
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 11:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I say about six months too. You'll know when it's time to go.
    SunshineLove

Answer by SunshineLove at 12:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I always go by 3 months....but I am weird like that :) I will NOT eat meat that gets weird looking or even slightly freezer burnt- it just isn't worth it....
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 2:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2008